In This Section
The Youth Clinic is a walk-in service for anyone aged 18 and under. There is no lower age limit. These clinics offer free and confidential access to information and advice on any sexual health issue as well as a full range of contraception, testing & treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and support for pregnancy options (including counselling and making arrangements for abortion or continuing pregnancy).
Mondays and Wednesdays 2.00pm-6.00pm
Saturdays: 9.00am-12.30pm (Please note that coil fitting is not currently available on a Saturday)
Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Entrance 11a, B Road.
Services Available at Sheffield Youth Clinics
At our Youth Clinics, young people aged 18 and under can access a range of free and confidential support including:
- Information and advice about contraception choices
- Free contraception including emergency contraception (the ‘morning after pill’)
- Free condoms
- Free pregnancy testing and information/ support for pregnancy options (including counselling and making arrangements for abortion or continuing pregnancy)
- Information, advice and access to testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Information, advice about HIV and access to HIV testing
- Information about safer sex and risk reduction
- Information on support networks for young people in Sheffield
If you require Emergency Contraception outside our clinic hours or at bank holidays please see information on approved pharmacies in Sheffield here. Please note that approved pharmacies in the city cannot issue emergency contraception to patients under the age of 14, these patients are advised to contact their own GP or 111.
The RCPCH have worked with young people and doctors to produce a useful leaflet giving more information on the process of having a health appointment – please see our downloads section on this page for a copy.