SHS At A Glance
In This Section
Sexual Health Sheffield offers a welcoming and confidential service to people of all ages including pregnancy testing and advice, contraception choices and advice, and the screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
You can book appointments for STI screening/treatment and contraception services by calling our contact centre on 0114 226 8888.
For STI services you will be offered a phone consultation prior to any face to face appointment (unless you are booking for a self-screen where you will be given an appointment day/time to come in).
Our Youth Clinic (for young people aged 18 and under) is available as a walk-in service.
To book an appointment telephone (0114) 226 8888
Sexual Health Sheffield
Entrance 11a, B Road
Royal Hallamshire Hospital
Sheffield S10 2JF
We provide a range of free and confidential services at our clinics, including:
- testing and treatment for all sexually transmitted infections (STIs) including gonorrhoea, chlamydia, syphilis, HIV and Hepatitis B and C
- vaccinations (Hep A and B and HPV on assessment)
- post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV (PEPSE)
- pregnancy tests, information and advice
- youth clinics
- outreach services
What happens at Sexual Health Sheffield?
All our services are free and confidential – however there may be some occasions where we may need to speak to other services about your health and safety if there are any concerns – we would always talk to you before doing this.
This is the service you can expect when you attend Sexual Health Sheffield:
- All advice, information, tests, condoms and treatments are free at Sexual Health Sheffield
- Our policy is that you will be seen on your own for at least some part of your appointment
- No one should judge you because of your sexual behaviour or lifestyle
- All Sexual Health Sheffield workers are appropriately and fully trained NHS staff
- All tests are optional; no examination will take place without your permission
- Our friendly and professional staff are here to help you – Please ask questions to ensure you fully understand what services have been offered, what tests carried out and what treatments given
- You can have a chaperone to help you feel more comfortable – please ask
Sexual health Sheffield DO NOT offer private testing for IVF treatment, travel and work visa’s but for individuals accessing clinic for tests related to Sexually transmitted infection where certification is needed this can be made available for an additional charge.
Private testing can be obtained from your GP or Travel clinic based at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital
If you feel that we have not met the above or want to give us any other feedback, please contact us via www.sth.nhs.uk/patients/tell-us-what-you-think