SHS At A Glance
In This Section
Due to covid-19 the Sexual Health Service in Sheffield has had to dramatically change how it works.
We are not yet in a position to return to normal working practices as a large percentage of our staff have been deployed to work on the wards during this pandemic. Unfortunately we are unable to give a timeframe for when routine services will resume, and so until we do some information on the website relating to clinic services, times and accessibility are not accurate.
There are currently no non-essential face-to-face appointments but please telephone us on 0114 226 8888 for sexual health information and advice.
If you are aged 16 or over and living in Sheffield, STI self testing kits are available to request here
Limited Time Offer – Click and Collect Condoms
Thanks to a kind donation we have a supply of condoms that we want to make available before they expire next Summer. If you are aged 16 or over and would like a supply of 50 free condoms – please complete the order form below with your name and date of birth and your order will be ready to collect from our clinic at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital between 2pm-4pm the next working day. (Please note there are no collections Friday-Sunday)
Sexual Health Sheffield offers a welcoming and confidential service to people of all ages including pregnancy testing and advice, contraception choices and advice, and the screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
Please call (0114) 226 8888 in the morning to be allocated an appointment for the same day. You can also call this number to book future STI screening and contraception appointments.
The Youth Clinic (for young people aged 18 and under) and Pitstop+ (for gay and bisexual men) are both walk-in services.
To book an appointment or for more information about our opening times telephone (0114) 226 8888
Sexual Health Sheffield
Entrance 11a, B Road
Royal Hallamshire Hospital
Sheffield S10 2JF
We provide a range of services at our clinics, including:
- free testing and treatment for all sexually transmitted infections (STIs) including gonorrhoea, chlamydia, syphilis, HIV and Hepatitis B and C
- free condoms
- free vaccinations (Hep A and B and HPV on assessment)
- free post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV (PEPSE)
- free pregnancy tests, information and advice
- free youth clinics
- free clinics for men who have sex with men
- free vasectomies (CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID 19)
- outreach services
What happens at Sexual Health Sheffield?
All our services are free and confidential – however there may be some occasions where we may need to speak to other services about your health and safety if there are any concerns – we would always talk to you before doing this.
This is the service you can expect when you attend Sexual Health Sheffield:
- All advice, information, tests, condoms and treatments are free at Sexual Health Sheffield
- Our policy is that you will be seen on your own for at least some part of your appointment
- No one should judge you because of your sexual behaviour or lifestyle
- All Sexual Health Sheffield workers are appropriately and fully trained NHS staff
- All tests are optional; no examination will take place without your permission
- Our friendly and professional staff are here to help you – Please ask questions to ensure you fully understand what services have been offered, what tests carried out and what treatments given
- You can have a chaperone to help you feel more comfortable – please ask
Sexual health Sheffield DO NOT offer private testing for IVF treatment, travel and work visa’s but for individuals accessing clinic for tests related to Sexually transmitted infection where certification is needed this can be made available for an additional charge.
Private testing can be obtained from your GP or Travel clinic based at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital
If you feel that we have not met the above or want to give us any other feedback, please contact us via www.sth.nhs.uk/patients/tell-us-what-you-think