Sexually Transmitted Infection Foundation (STIF) Course
STIF Core £150 ( Date TBC)
STIF Plus £150 (Date TBC)
To attend both days £275
Course dates to be confirmed. Please register your interest by emailing email@example.com
The aim of the course is to equip participants with the basic knowledge, skills and attitudes for the effective management of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) outside the GUM setting.
Participants can attend the one day ‘core’ skills course, the one day ‘plus’ (advanced) course or both days.
This comprehensive course comprises a mix of lectures, workshops and teaching stations, with typical course content as follows:
Day 1 (STIF Core)
- Epidemiology of STIs and Principles of Service Provision
- Sexual History, Risk Assessment and Recognition of Symptoms
- Examinations, swabs and tests
- Partner Notification
- HIV Testing
- Young People and Sexual Health
- Genital Sores
- Vaginal Discharge & Pelvic Pain
- Sexual Health Promotion & Risk Reduction Prevention
Day 2 (STIF Plus)
- Viral Hepatitis
- Sexual Assault & Domestic Abuse
- HIV in Primary Care
- STIs in Pregnancy
- Male dysuria and testicular lumps
- Genital dermatology
- Female pelvic pain
- Working with men who have sex with men (MSM) and other high risk groups
This is a multi-disciplinary course and applications are invited from:
- Doctors and nurses working in general practice, family planning and reproductive health
- GUM clinic staff
- Health Advisers
- Secondary care clinicians who may encounter patients with STIs (e.g. O&G, A&E, rheumatology and ophthalmology)
- School Nurses
Note: It is highly recommended that delegates study the appropriate STIF modules in e-Learning for Health before attending. This will entail around 5-7 hours of study. Further information about the modules will be provided by the course organisers once you have applied for a place on the course.
For further information about the STIF course, please visit the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH) homepage http://www.bashh.org
For full information about the course, please visit www.bashh.org/stif
Please email us immediately after applying for this course to specify which of the training days (or both) you wish to attend.
Thank you for booking a place on this course. Your application will be passed to our training administration team for processing.
We will send you confirmation of your course place 2-3 weeks prior to the course date with full details of venue/ timings etc. Until that date, please treat this as a provisional booking.
Invoices are sent out after the training date.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about your booking or the training course please call us on 0114 305 4444 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org