Diploma for the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care (DFSRH) – the Course of 5
The aim of this course is to equip participants with the basic knowledge, skills and attitudes for the effective management of contraception
The training covers 5 modules and involves attendance at 2 x ½ day sessions, both AM sessions.
Forthcoming training dates: TBC
The Course of 5 provides an opportunity to:
- Practice and demonstrate practical skills required for the provision of contraception and testing of STIs
- Develop increased awareness of the way that personal attitudes, gender, sexual orientation and cultural differences impact on SRH consultations in a safe environment
- Identify areas where further learning is required before proceeding to clinical assessments
The Course of 5 comprises 9 assessments and participants must demonstrate that they
- Have actively and appropriately participated in a workshop discussion on HIV testing and screening.
- Are able to demonstrate how to perform common investigations for sexually transmitted infections on male and female models.
- Are able to demonstrate how to teach the use of male condoms.
- Are able to have an informed discussion on the assessment and management of women choosing barrier methods of contraception and the principles of fitting these methods.
- Are able to demonstrate the insertion and removal techniques for a currently marketed implant on a model arm.
- Are able to demonstrate that they can apply the principles of confidentiality, Fraser Guidelines, consent and safeguarding children in clinical scenarios.
- Have actively and appropriately participated in a discussion on responding to someone presenting with a psycho sexual problem.
- Have actively and appropriately participated in a discussion on responding to a woman presenting with an unwanted pregnancy.
- Have actively and appropriately participated in a discussion of the management of men and women who request sterilisation.
Note: The Course of 5 element of the Diploma for the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care may only be attended if you have completed e-learning modules 1-15 and 17 of the diploma course (see http://www.fsrh.org/pages/Diploma_of_the_FSRH.asp for more details).
It is also a requirement that participants attend both dates of the training.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114226 8888
Thank you for booking a place on this course. Your application will be passed to our training administration team for processing.
We will send you confirmation of your course place 2-3 weeks prior to the course date with full details of venue/ timings etc. Until that date, please treat this as a provisional booking.
Invoices are sent out after the training date.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about your booking or the training course please call us on 0114 305 4444 or e-mail email@example.com