Letter of Competence in Sub-dermal Contraceptive Implant Techniques (Nexplanon) (LoC in SDI) – Individual Practical Training
These individual practical training sessions support the e-learning programme LoC in SDI (a competency-based training programme on the insertion and removal of Nexplanon sub dermal contraceptive implants & management of common complications).
This training includes an element of theoretical and practical training and includes:
a) Theoretical training
- Theoretical and model arm training (prior to undertaking training on patients). This consists of a short presentation and model arm training which provides familiarisation with the instruments and techniques required for insertion and removal of implants.
- Practice insertion of Nexplanon on model arms until the trainer is satisfied that the participant is thoroughly familiar with, and proficient in the insertion and removal of Nexplanon.
b) Practical training
- This takes place in clinic and involves insertion and removal of implants in patients who have agreed to take part in the training process.
- Observation of one patient having an insertion procedure performed followed by the participant performing a minimum of two implant insertion procedures
- Observation of one patient having a removal procedure performed followed by the participant performing a minimum of two implant removal procedures
Training of each of these elements will continue until the trainer is satisfied with your level of competence. Insertions and removals must be completed within one year of the model arm training and complete applications should be submitted within three years of theoretical training.
For more detailed information, please download the following document: Sheffield Guide to LoC in Subdermal Implant Removal
Theory, model arm and practical training: £300
Recertification / Clinical Supervision (one session): £150
To book please contact: Sharon Davidson on tel: 0114 226 4019 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for booking a place on this course. Your application will be passed to our training administration team for processing.
We will send you confirmation of your course place 2-3 weeks prior to the course date with full details of venue/ timings etc. Until that date, please treat this as a provisional booking.
Invoices are sent out after the training date.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about your booking or the training course please call us on 0114 305 4444 or e-mail email@example.com